TIAA-CREF has bestowed JLL with its highly coveted Property Management Firm of the Year award for its performance in 2014. The financial services firm notes that the 2014 Property Management Firm of the Year award honors the Property Management firm that demonstrated the largest value creation from its portfolio of investments managed on behalf of TIAA-CREF based on TIAA-CREF’s Property Management Governance performance measurement standards.
”As leaders in the Property Management industry, our primary goal is to exceed our client’s expectations and this award from TIAA-CREF is proof that we are doing just that,” said Dan Pufunt, President of JLL’s Property Management. “We are honored to be recognized for the work we do to provide accurate and timely financial reporting for our clients, as well as mitigate risk, increase tenant retention and add value to their office and retail assets.”
Six TIAA-CREF-owned properties managed by JLL were awarded the prestigious Four Diamond Award, which recognizes consistent excellent property performance. Miami’s 701 Brickell was presented with its fifth consecutive Four Diamond Award. The 701 Brickell property management and leasing team includes Scott Strickland, Marj Bains, Leslie Machado, Sam Greve, Wendy Garcia, Regena Blue, Amalia Garmendia, Carlos Abreu, Juan Praderes, Jose Aguila and Rene Castaneda.
“We strive to implement industry best practices and cutting-edge technologies throughout the properties we manage to deliver optimal returns, and we’re proud to have been recognized by TIAA-CREF for our work on their retail assets,” said Greg Maloney, CEO of Americas Retail.
The other honorees include:
- Urban Centre, located in Tampa (first award): Deana Beer, Jill Dodge, Senior, Candi Dempsey, Christina Jara, Erin Smith, Carolann Bednar, Mark Brinson, Rick Sarotte, Jim Scism, Jorge Gonzalez and Gerry Duran.
- 99 High Street, located in Boston (first award): Bruce Clifford, Leslie Zella, Lynn Sullivan, Mike McGloin and Steve Tessier.
- The Evening Star Building, located in Washington, DC (second award): Renee Gibbs, Nicholas Sheehan, Tracey Pierotti, Sean Smith, James Vaughan, Hector Abrego and Jessica Peele.
- Scripps Ranch Shopping Center, a 70,576 square-foot strip center located in San Diego, California received its first Four Diamond Award. Team members include: Sherri Lusk, Alicia Love, Regina Green, Lois Collins, Brian Kent, Bryan Cunningham and Cynthia Murphy. Scripps Ranch was also honored with an ELEVATE Award, while Senior Project Manager Bethany Hanson of JLL’s Project and Development Service Group was recognized for delivering excellence in project management.
- The Forum at Carlsbad, a 264,586 square-foot lifestyle center, located in Carlsbad, California received its second Four Diamond Award. Team members include: Raj Chandani, Ana Casimiro, Regina Green, Lois Collins, Brian Kent, Bryan Cunningham and John Stevens.
These awards were also made possible by the solid effort of JLL’s senior accounting team, including John O’Hora, Shelley Williams, Michelle Oswald and Karen Colin, who worked diligently behind the scenes for TIAA-CREF’s accounting needs.