Strong consumer confidence is signaling a positive year for retail sales but fundamentals are softening for most retail property types. After a slow start to 2018, retail sales have improved as the quarter closed and strong consumer spending should continue thanks to recent federal tax cuts and a healthy labor market. U.S. vacancies continue to compress but at a slower pace. Closure announcements are still rocking 2018 and will impact fundamentals in the second and third quarters as stores close.
- High-profile transactions drive retail investment so far in 2018
- Over half of shoppers will utilize physical retailers for majority of their holiday shopping
- E-Commerce Retailers Plan 850 Physical Stores in the Next 5 Years
- London’s LEON Lands in U.S., Bringing Naturally Fast Food to Nation’s Capital
- After Merger, Doing What He Does Best