Do you need to help your retailer and owner clients future-proof their business? With so much else to do, there’s not time to think about the future. You’re busy just trying to get through the day. Don’t panic — spend 20 minutes listening to James Cook, our Director of Retail Research LIVE… Read More
CityCenter Holdings, LLC (“CityCenter”), a venture between MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) and Infinity World Development Corp., today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with a venture led by Invesco Real Estate (NYSE: IVZ) and Simon Property Group (NYSE: SPG) to acquire The Shops at Crystals for a purchase price of approximately $1.1 billion.
Located at the entryway… Read More
1) Tourists Love the Big Apple: A record 56.4 million people descended upon New York City in 2014, a 23% increase from only five years prior. And when tourists visit, they shop and spend money—that crowd generated a record $61.3 billion in overall economic impact. The City’s lofty goal: to attract 67 million annual visitors by 2021.
2) Everything Old is New Again: Worldwide trends have changed… Read More
1. GROW WITH GLOBAL DOLLARS: By partnering with an international capital source, a U.S.-based owner can efficiently monetize a portion of their real estate holdings without undertaking a sale. Raising cash to fund acquisitions or exchanging a position in a new partner’s holdings are two great ways to grow the portfolio, leverage an existing operating platform, access new markets and diversify risk.
2.… Read More
By: Guy Ponticello, Managing Director of Capital Markets, JLL
- RETAIL BANKING FINDS ITS FOOTING: Under the weight of the Great Recession, retail banking was forced to streamline operations and reallocate capital but the industry is once again on solid ground. While nearly 5,000 bank branches closed following the … Read More
As the flow of capital throughout the world increases, and retailers and investors chase diversification and strong returns, the U.S. retail market is attracting more time in the international spotlight. JLL’s latest research anticipates a measured and selective uptick in cross-border retailing and capital flows into the U.S. in the coming year.
PART I: Cross-border capital flows soar into U.S. retail assets
JLL’s Craig Killman is attending the ICSC Western Division Conference today in San Diego, and takes a closer look at the Los Angeles retail corridors:
- What types of retail properties are investors seeking in Los Angeles?
The two hottest categories in Los Angeles right now are specialty food-anchored neighborhood centers and high street retail. Major specialty… Read More
For the first time in eight decades of publishing, Chain Store Age has compiled a list of the nation’s top retail real estate brokers, ranking them based on number of retail transactions in 2013, dollar amount of those transactions and, just as importantly, reputation in the industry. From hundreds of nominations collected… Read More
While many tourists flock to America’s panhandle looking for sand and sunshine, Florida’s retail development market is doing the opposite: moving indoors. According to JLL research launched today at the International Council of Shopping Centers Florida Conference in Orlando, nearly half of all retail commercial construction happening in the state, in the first half of 2014 is taking place in malls and shopping centers.
“While most markets are seeing a boom in… Read More
Post the recent ICSC ReCon, Rebecca Wells, Executive Vice President of Midwest Retail Capital Markets at JLL shares her views on retail investment sales. The stars have aligned for extremely favorable selling conditions with market fundamentals and financing availability the best we’ve seen in years.