It’s no longer about how many branches banks have. It’s how about they use them. As consumer behavior shifts, banks are rethinking the way their business is done. And you can help them.
JLL’s new 2017 U.S. Banking Outlook offers insight on current and forthcoming industry trends, like:
- Branch location reductions. The number of branches will decrease as banks optimize their market needs.
- Expansion of fintech. Mobile apps will further impact how customers use their local branches—or not.
- Shrinking branch sizes. Banks will save billions on their real estate spend as they reposition assets to meet changing customer demand.
- Branch personalization. A retooled approach will be tailored towards local market needs and demographics.
- Additional automation. Expect to see a greater use of centralized tellers to handle basic transactions.
Learn more about how your bank industry clients can optimize their real estate and save money through branch consolidation, location optimization and a clear subleasing strategy.